Pages

How can I find my passion?

"How can I find my passion?"   What if you aren't even sure you have a passion?  Or maybe it's been so long since you really loved doing anything in particular.  We've all heard about “Living our passion” or “Living a passionate life”.  But many people aren't able to access what their passion, or passions are.    


What can I do to find my passion?


We knew what we loved doing as a child.  So why is it we have trouble tapping into those passions now?  As we grew up, we were told by many well-meaning people, that it was more responsible to do things that earned us a living.  To focus on “responsible things”, rather than dreaming - that we should leave those desires and passions in our childhood.   But if we do, we lose the very essence of who we are as people.  When we live our life out loud and with passion, we‘re essentially living our purpose.  Our joy is our gauge to knowing what we’re meant to be doing in this life.  Is it really irresponsible then, to do the things we’re passionate about?  I don’t believe it is.

What I've found, is if we aren't fully alive, if we aren't doing and living our passion, we lose the very essence of what makes us unique.  We lose sight of what we can accomplish in this world.  Actions driven by purpose and passion are the ones which make the most difference in the world and to the lives of others.  Passions drive us to strive for more, to be better people, and create from the heart.

Identify What Your Passions Were As a Child


If you've ever thought, "How can I find my passion?" start by identifying what it was you liked doing as a child. Make a list.  Add to it the list of things you have any interest in now.  It doesn't necessarily have to be your passion, but something you find interesting. This is a starting point.  As you begin this process, more ideas will come to mind.  For now, just begin the process and follow where it takes you.  Your more you allow your creativity to work, the more the ideas will come.  Don't judge them.  Just write them down.  You can edit them later.  If you criticize each one as they pop up, you'll close down your creativity.  Once you have your list, go over it and keep the ones that appeal to you the most. Then take action on them.  Start to explore ways to do them, learn more about them and become involved.

What's holding you back?  Is Self-Judgment Getting In The Way?


Many times our judgments about our self  keeps us from taking action. Just the idea of thinking about a particular subject can bring up a whole list of judgments or criticisms we have about ourselves.  The first place to begin is to see if you're harboring any frustrations, judgments, or resentments about not being able to find your passion. If you do have any of these, your focus and energy are being pulled away from what you want to do, which is to discover your passion.  Letting go of the these thoughts gives you more freedom to explore what it is you do want.

 A tool I use with my clients to let go of any judgments or blocks they have to discovering their passion, is EFT, or Emotional Freedom Technique.  I use both EFT and FasterEFT to quickly move through blocks or limiting beliefs.  By tapping on specific acupuncture points while talking about an issue, the conscious and subconscious mind are able to make rapid changes. You're able to access and release beliefs, blocks or emotions that get in the way of what you want.

Take A Chance - Experiment With What You Want To Do


Once you've let go of any judgments you have, and you're willing to explore what it is you're passionate about, just begin.  Be willing to try different things.  Until you do, you won't know if it's a match for you.

How To Use EFT To Clear Judgments


Below are some examples of  EFT rounds you can use to start the process of discovering your passion.  The more precise you can be with what holds you back, the better.  These will get you started and you can build from there.


To Receive a Downloadable EFT Chart with directions, click  here


If you're looking for more detailed information on using EFT, a great resource is the website The EFT Universe. Here you'll find a wealth of books, audios, and even workshops to further increase your success with EFT.  EFT can be used on anything.  


Start with the set-up points.  While tapping on the set-up points, repeat the following phrases:


  • Even though I'm frustrated because I have no idea what my passion is, I accept who I am and how I feel. 
  • Even though I haven't found out what my passion is, maybe I'm afraid to find it, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.  
  • Even though part of me is afraid to find my passion because then I'd have to take action on it, I deeply and profoundly accept who I am and my feelings about this.


Now for the rounds done on the other tapping points:

Eyebrow: I can't find my passion
Side of Eye:  I'm frustrated because I don't know what my passion is 
Under Eye: I wonder what's holding me back from finding it?
Under Nose: Maybe I'm afraid.  This fear and hesitation about finding my passion
Chin: If I find my passion, then I'll have to do something about it  
Collarbone: Maybe I'm not ready to take action on my passion 
Under armBut this hesitation is holding me back
HeadMaybe I can start letting go of some of this hesitation and  fear 

Take a breath.  Then check to see how you feel and if any other thoughts came up.  When these thoughts pop up, they're information on what you need to look at.

Now for the 2nd round - Begin with a 2nd set-up phrase:


  • Even though a part of me is afraid to find my passion, I deeply and completely love and accept myself
  • Even though I've been holding back and haven't found my passion, I've decided to let go of some of this resistance and fear
  • Even though a part of me is still holding back, a bigger part of me knows what that passion is and I choose to go with that bigger part of me


Tapping round:

Eyebrow:  A part of me is still afraid to find my passion, but I'm going with the part of me that's excited to find my passion
Side of Eye:  I've been  holding back, but it's time to let go of the fear and hesitation
Under Eye: I'm letting those go now
Under Nose: I'm letting go of what holds me back from discovering my passion
Chin: I can discover my passion and then decide when and how I take action
Collarbone: I don't have to take action right away
Under arm: I can do it in the timing that feels right for me
Top of Head: I’m letting go of my hesitation and opening to finding my passion now

Take a breath and see how you feel.


This is just the start.  As you move through the tapping exercises, you'll begin to feel more relaxed, open, and willing to discovering your passion.  Keep tapping.  If any more blocks on finding your passion crop up, tap on those as well.  There can be many layers of emotional blocks to discovering your passion.  Keep up the tapping until the ideas come to you and your resistance to finding them dissolves. 

Here's to discovering and living your passion.


If you want to explore what blocks your passion, success or happiness, book a complimentary call to discuss your goals and to see if we're a mutual fit. 


Contact Info:
(805) 265-9063
Santa Fe, NM 87506

sign up now

No comments: